I'm doing some brief research about how to run our second retrospective. Here's Jean Tabaka of Rally Software giving a short talk about running them:
- Retrospectives are about the team and not so much about the project.
- Plusses and deltas: What things went well? (+) What are things that didn't go well? (delta)
- Wind and anchors. Similar, viewing the iteration as a journey.
- ORID: Objective, reflective, interpretive, decisional.
- 3 H's: Helped, hindered, hypothesis.
- Consider making an implementation backlog
- Appreciations and apologies: a time of reflection at the end.